27 September 2009

New beginnings.

This is a tad bit embarrassing, that we call this thing a blog and never, I mean never post on it. But, we can redeem ourselves, right? And what better reason do we have now that Jonah is a two and never a dull moment. I could write about what he is doing at any given time and it would most likely be worth at least a chuckle. Oh, and also, we are expecting another little person now. It is so weird to say this, and I only say it to myself and God because it doesn't feel quite official or real yet even, but, ahem.... I have two children. There. I said it. And here's another truism. I love saying that. We (all three of us) are pretty darn excited to be starting this new journey. It will be my birthday in a few days, and for one of my gifts (my husband is so sweet) he gave me Saturday night off, and Sunday too, to just go and be and do things I like to do. I found that during the first 20 minutes in the car, alone, I had the realization that through all of the chaos of being a mom of a two year old, and just being busy now a days, I hadn't really taken the time to "be" with this new little one. I hadn't talked to it yet. From the day I found out I was pregnant with Jonah, it was all I could think of. I was always rubbing my belly and telling him things, narrating what song was on the radio for him, or just telling him how excited I was to feel him move. I felt sad that I hadn't done this yet with kid # 2. Of course it makes sense that things are busy, and that being only 5 weeks I still have plenty of time to do these things, but I couldn't help but feel some of my own childhood sensitivities about being the second child. All of this might be a big pregnancy hormone induced, overreaction, but I felt a special connection with this little one. I felt like saying to it, and I did, we are going to get each other. We will have a special connection. We are both second children, and I fell close to you in that.
So there you have it, these are some of the things going on. We are also desperately going through names in which Carlos and I cannot agree on to save our lives. But thankfully, we have plenty of time. Jonah just had his 2 year photos taken by a good friend of ours, Elizabeth Thompson. If anyone needs photography she is outstanding. Will post these pics soon.

-Alli

2 comments:

Lisa Collier said...

beautiful words, alli. it is so lovely that you can say that you have two children now. your children will be and are loved deeply and passionately by such a wonderful mother such as yourself and such a wonderful father as carlos is. you two are the most sincere and kind people i have known. and it's okay that you have blogged in awhile, but here's hoping you can continue throughout this pregnancy (time willing) so that we can stay connected through the distance. much love.

melanie said...

Yay! I would check in every so often and am so glad that you guys are back! Congrats on number 2. I hear you about not finding time to connect as easily. But, if you're anything like me, you'll be a much less anxious parent the second time around, so there are always trade offs. Blessings to you and tell Carlos hello.