01 October 2009

Our little Beethoven

Carlos came home from work one day and said, "Let's get a piano," and, I struggled with this idea. I struggled with the ideas of wall space and (I know, I'm sorry) it not fitting in with our decor, and last but not least, the loud noises that I'll be victim to for a long time. Though we hope Jonah plays piano well some day, it might be a while until it actually sounds, well, good. But, since my lovely husband is so good about giving me the rights in what our home looks like, I thought I'd give this one to him. So we now have a piano, and a surprisingly pretty one I might add. It actually fits well against our wall too. And, the sounds that come from it, are not half bad, even when they're clanging. The plan is for Carlos to learn how to play, and then for Jonah to learn from Carlos, and be a musical genius someday. Look out every one. In the meantime, it' s growing on me, too.

2 comments:

Lisa Collier said...

what a great idea! and i totally understood about wanting the piano to fit the decor (hehe--nerd). i often hold sophie as she pounds her hands on the keys. it's really fun and deep down i too hope she will be a child protege. jk. love these pics!

Unknown said...

I wish I had taken the effort to expose my kids to musical instruments. Carlos was 17 before he picked up a guitar. And he was good, so I know if he would have played at a much younger age that he would have been great! Keep up the good work with my grandson.......